Senior Donor Engagement Manager
Friends of the Children NY is a nonprofit that is breaking the cycle of generational poverty by giving children facing the highest risks the ability to create a new story. We do this by providing the most vulnerable children with a long-term, salaried, professional mentor, who we call a “Friend,” from kindergarten through high school graduation, 12 ½ years – no matter what. We are currently seeking an experienced Donor Engagement Manager to help us embark on a new 5-year strategic campaign. With renewed intentionality to better serve system involved youth and families, we are looking to double the number of youth we serve over the next 5 years.
At Friends of the Children NY, we put children first and use our values to change the way the world treats and views our most vulnerable youth. The Donor Engagement Manager will need to be entrepreneurial as they lead in effectively stewarding, educating, cultivating and soliciting gifts from major donors. As our Donor Engagement Manager, you will utilize your knowledge and experience of the New York philanthropic community to develop authentic, respectful and meaningful relationships, built on a foundation of love and acceptance, as you communicate our strategic campaign and our plans for growth to new and existing donors. You will commit to empowerment by highlighting the internal resiliency of our youth and strengthening our social networks to provide bridges to new opportunities.
If you are interested in joining Friends of the Children NY in pursuing our goals relentlessly and demanding equity for our children and families, see the position details below.
Are you the amazing leader we are looking for? Here’s what we have to offer you:
* Play a leading role in an exceptional organization that helps children facing incredible odds change their life story every day.
* An experienced and committed Executive Director who will partner with you in your development effort.
* An engaged, motivated Board that works hard, gives generously, and raises funds.
* Strong, cohesive National team support committed to innovation and high standards.
* Opportunity to build on the solid foundation of grant funding to include individual and corporate philanthropy for diverse organizational sustainability.
* A team of talented employees who are passionate about working together to create an extraordinary organization.
* Respect for work-life balance. You’ll work hard, and we expect you to recharge your batteries.
* A comprehensive benefit package.
At Friends of the Children – New York you get to think globally and act locally. You will be part of an established growing national network that provides professional mentors to thousands of children across the country. As New York’s Development Director, you’ll receive expert support from our National team, which is located in Portland, Oregon. You’ll also work with a talented team of leaders from the 14 other sites, who collaborate to support the award-winning national scaling plan.
Friends of the Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to addressing discriminatory practices, and to working toward racial equity. The equal employment opportunity policy of Friends of the Children provides fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. Friends of the Children hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
To learn more about Friends of the Children go to: https://friendsnewyork.org/
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply through this posting in HiringThing. We regret that the volume of responses may prevent us from acknowledging every submission. No calls please. Thank you for your interest.