Director of Development
Friends of the Children is seeking a passionate Director of Development (DD) to use their expertise, vision, and community knowledge to join the Friends of the Children – Los Angeles (Friends – L.A.) team. Our model is proven to break the cycle of generational poverty for children who face the highest risks by providing professional mentors to thousands of youth across the country. The DD will lead all fund development and communications efforts, and will ensure that Friends – L.A. develops appropriate resources to grow to a multi-million dollar organization in the next several years.
Our Director of Development will be a fierce advocate for children coming into contact with the foster care system, and will be effective at communicating the urgency of our mission and success of our outcomes. This person will be a dynamic and engaging spokesperson for the organization, and will excel at networking and fundraising with corporate leaders, foundations, major donors, and the communities we serve. Additionally, the DD fosters a culture of philanthropy within the organization and ensures that fund development supports the culture, mission, and goals of Friends – L.A.
The ideal candidate will have a smart head for business, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a soft heart for kids. Additionally, he/she/they will be proactive, results driven and possess a sense of urgency while at the same time, look to focus their entrepreneurial talents to make a real difference for children facing the highest risks.
The Director of Development will work closely with (and report to) the Executive Director, and key volunteers to build the financial support needed to meet our ambitious scaling plan to serve as many children as possible. The right leader will be fiercely committed to equity and will ensure that every aspect of the organization’s mission is executed with full engagement of communities impacted by our work.
Are you this amazing leader? Here’s what we have to offer you:
* Play a leading role in an exceptional organization that helps children facing incredible odds change their life story every day.
* Opportunity to be a visionary and strategic leader who will play a major role in building the team that will shape the direction and the success of Friends – L.A.’s fundraising efforts as the organization expands to serve more children.
* An experienced and committed Executive Director who will partner with you in your development effort.
* An engaged, motivated Board that works hard, gives generously, and raises funds.
* Strong, cohesive National team support committed to innovation and high standards.
* Opportunity to build on the solid foundation of grant funding to include individual and corporate philanthropy for diverse organizational sustainability.
* A team of talented employees who are passionate about working together to create an extraordinary organization.
* Respect for work-life balance. You’ll work hard, and we expect you to recharge your batteries.
* A comprehensive benefit package.
At Friends of the Children – Los Angeles you get to think globally and act locally. You will be part of an established growing national network that provides professional mentors to thousands of children across the country. As Los Angeles’s DD, you’ll receive expert support from our National team, which is located in Portland, Oregon. You’ll also work with a talented team of leaders from the 18 other sites, who collaborate to support the award-winning national scaling plan.
Friends of the Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to addressing discriminatory practices, and to working toward racial equity. The equal employment opportunity policy of Friends of the Children provides fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. Friends of the Children hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
To learn more about Friends of the Children go to: https://friendsla.org/