Development Manager - Los Angeles
Friends of the Children – Los Angeles (Friends LA) seeks a dynamic and creative professional to serve as Development Manager, reporting to the Director of Development. This individual will serve as part of a growing team that is committed to expanding philanthropic support for our mission.
As the team and the organization are growing quickly, the Development Manager is expected to support and participate in donor/prospect engagement, including donor communications, production of cultivation events (e.g., virtual, informal gatherings, and large-scale events), and managing & building internal fundraising processes as we continue to expand operations.
If you have experience in nonprofit development and a commitment to supporting youth and families impacted by foster care, we encourage you to apply.
- Partner with the Director of Development to set priorities and goals for the department.
- Achieve monthly targets on donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities and keep accurate engagement records.
- Manage development-related communications efforts, including quarterly newsletter development, acknowledgments to donors, and bi-annual funder reports.
- Coordinate direct marketing efforts, including multiple direct mail/email appeals annually and digital communication to donors and prospects.
- Oversee Friends LA's grants calendar, including proposal and status report deadlines, and serve as a liaison to contract grant writers.
- Manage, cultivate, solicit, and steward a small portfolio of HNWI donors and prospects.
- Build out programs and events as a member of the development team.
- Lead planning for Friends LA’s special events, and virtual events (until we hire an events manager).
- Manage basic website updates.
- Manage eTapestry database inputs and reports as required.
- Strive to ensure that organization’s commitment to equity is reflected in all decisions, communications, and processes.
Required Education, Experience, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience.
- Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with donors, volunteers, and program and administrative staff.
- Experience with database platforms (eTapestry CRM software a plus.)
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with individuals from different backgrounds and disciplines.
- Comfort with managing up and communicating your ideas and recommendations clearly and convincingly.
- Strong analytical skills (e.g., proficiency with Excel) and the ability to offer both creative and data-driven solutions.Friends of the Children – Los Angeles is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to addressing discriminatory practices, and to working toward racial equity. The equal employment opportunity policy of Friends of the Children provides fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. Friends of the Children – Los Angeles hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Friends of the Children is growing rapidly as communities across the country are experiencing the power of how “One” changes a child's story: One Friend. One Child. 12 ½ years. No matter what. #ThePowerOfOne
To learn more about Friends of the Children go to: https://friendsla.org/