Executive Director-Friends of the Children New York
Friends of the Children – New York’s Board of Directors is looking for an extraordinary leader to take the helm of our already- successful organization and lead us to the next level; doubling the number of vulnerable children we serve. Our model is proven to break the cycle of generational poverty for children who face the highest risks.
Our next Executive Director will be a passionate advocate for children facing the highest risks, and will be effective at communicating the urgency of our mission and success of our outcomes. She or he will be a dynamic and engaging spokesperson for the organization, and will excel at networking and fundraising with corporate leaders, foundations, major donors, and the communities we serve.
The ideal candidate will have a smart head for business and a soft heart for kids. He or she will be equally skilled at leading strategic planning, growing a collaborative culture, reviewing financial statements, overseeing program evaluation, and asking donors for financial support.
The right leader will be fiercely committed to equity and will ensure that every aspect of the organization’s mission is executed with full engagement of communities impacted by our work.
Are you this amazing leader? Here’s what we have to offer you:
- An engaged, motivated Board that works hard, gives generously, and raises funds.
- Strong, cohesive National team support committed to innovation and high standards.
- A team of talented employees who are passionate about working together to create an extraordinary organization.
- Respect for work-life balance. You’ll work hard, and we expect you to recharge your batteries.
- A comprehensive benefit package.
- Most of all, you get to lead an exceptional organization that helps children facing incredible odds change their life story every day.
At Friends of the Children – New York you get to think globally and act locally. We are an established chapter within a growing national network that provides professional mentors to thousands of children across the country. As New York Executive Director, you’ll receive expert support from our National team, which is located in Portland, Oregon. You’ll also work with a talented team of leaders from the 10 other sites, who collaborate to support the award-winning National scaling plan.
Friends of the Children is committed to our community, to equal employment opportunity, and to diversity in our workplace. To learn more about the position’s responsibilities and qualifications go to:
Learn more about Friends of the Children here: http://friendsnewyork.org/