Director of Development and Marketing - Austin
Friends of the Children – Austin is seeking an extraordinary leader to take our fundraising and marketing efforts to the next level as Director of Development and Marketing. The Friends’ innovative model is proven to break the cycle of generational poverty for children who face the highest risks and we have recently launched a new chapter in Austin. Friends has embarked on an ambitious expansion plan to reach more youth in the next five years and our new Director of Development and Marketing will be relentlessly driven to advance the Friends’ brand, achieve best-in-class marketing to reach prospective donors, and increase the organization’s fundraising capacity.
The ideal candidate will have a smart head for business, a creative spark, and a soft heart for kids. He or she will be proactive, results driven and possess a sense of urgency while at the same time, look to focus their entrepreneurial talents to make a real difference for children facing the highest risks.
The Director of Development and Marketing will work closely with the Executive Director, and key volunteers to build the financial support needed to meet our ambitious scaling plan to serve as many children as possible.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a lean management team with an energetic, whatever-it-takes, start-up approach? Here’s what we have to offer you:
• An experienced and committed Executive Director who will partner with you in your development effort.
• An engaged, motivated Board that works hard, gives generously, and raises funds.
• Strong, cohesive National team support committed to innovation and high standards.
• A team of talented employees who are passionate about working together to create an extraordinary organization.
• Respect for work-life balance. You’ll work hard, and we expect you to recharge your batteries.
• A comprehensive benefit package.
• Most of all, you get to lead an exceptional organization that helps children facing incredible odds change their life story every day.
At Friends of the Children – Austin you get to think globally and act locally. We are a new chapter within a growing established national network that provides professional mentors to thousands of children across the country. As Director of Development and Marketing, you’ll receive expert support from our National team, which is located in Portland, Oregon. You’ll also work with a talented team of leaders from the 15 other sites, who collaborate to support the award-winning National scaling plan.
Friends of the Children is committed to our community, to equal employment opportunity, and to diversity in our workplace. To learn more about the position’s responsibilities and qualifications go to: https://friendsofthechildren.org/
To learn more about Friends of the Children go to: www.friendsofthechildren.org.